Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CATCH-UP

I really don't like catch-up! Not Ketchup, which I love and put on everything...Catch-up...writing about things that happened weeks ago!!! I want to record everything, but have decided that is not possible! So here is a quick rundown of things that have happened weeks ago...

About three years ago Greg and I bought a tent. We have never used it!!! So we decided to pull it out of it's nice bag and set it up for a trial run before we go camping at Panguich Lake. Unfortunately it has been raining all summer but that didn't stop our fun... we set it up in our basement! It was a good way for McKinley to get used to seeing and playing in a tent before we do it for real!!! It was so much fun!!! We slept in it for two nights. Maybe we were crazy to sleep in a tent when our bed is just upstairs, but where's the fun in that? Did I mention it was so fun!:)


The weather has been warming up here and there, so we planted some flowers, McKinley can't stop picking them, smelling them oh ya, and eating them.


McKinley has a lot of friends with binki's. She has NEVER wanted anything to do with one until she saw her little friends with theirs...Obviously we don't let her have a binki, but she gets into the bottle drawer and finds the nipples, and sucks on them like they are a binki. (Note: We have cleaned out the bottle drawer and it is now the sippy cup drawer.) She also got a pair of sunglasses for her birthday that she LOVES to wear. This picture is a perfect description of McKinley a few weeks ago:)


Here is a cute picture of our little girl playing outside! She loves being outside! It's been hard with all the rain, but when it's sunny we are out playing. Yes, she is wearing her sunglasses and her favorite hat. Such a cutie!


We got Greg his father's day present early. A backpack baby carrier. Greg loves it and so does McKinley. She just hangs out while Greg mows the lawn, and walks around the house. Don't worry, we have big plans to go hiking:)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Love the camping in the basement. How fun!!!! It was good to hang out with you at the pool. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

So, while I was reading the part about binky's I read it wrong and thought it said Bikini's, which made that post so much funnier. I kept thinking, what does a one year old care about swimwear. Oh she is such a doll