Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Things I Never Expected

No one told me that it would take longer to get ready for the day. Talk about a process! Between the 50 feedings a day, I finally squeaked in a shower at 9:00 PM! I am also learning that boobs leak! Not only do I need to wear a larger than life bra (yes my boobs are HUGE!) But I have to stuff them with padding as well! I thought that stuffing your bra was something you did in Jr. High, not when you already have a man and an enormous chest. Something that I also never expected was to learn the art of sleeping while breastfeeding, burping, and changing a diaper. There are so many things to learn and adjust to, but the biggest thing that I never expected was how much love I have for McKinley. No one told me that your heart bursts every time you look at their little face! What a blessing it is to become multi talented in the mother world! I never expected it to be this challenging, and yet so rewarding at the same time.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Way to go on getting a shower in! Babies are amazing aren't they?

Danica said...

You make me laugh so hard. Don't worry if somedays you don't even get around to putting on makeup or getting out of your pjs. It's just part of being a mom.

Skye O. said...

she is so sweet! I'm so glad that I can see your little family any time I want now. Aren't these blogs the greatest? Yes, welcome to motherhood. There are many things that happen that we mom's have to discover on our own...one more reason to make us so tough. Good luck with everything. AFter two months, things get a lot easier. :) McKinley is so cute! Love the name!

Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It is sooo fun to see little McKinley - what a beauty! Did anyone tell you yet, that motherhood is made up of endless repetition rewarded by glimpses of eternal bliss? It gets more intense and more worth it every day!