Thursday, January 8, 2009

BASEMENT UPDATE

In one week the basement has gone from framing to sheet-rock, and they just finished taping and mudding! It is going so fast! It's looking really good too! We can't wait until it is done! The only mishap was Greg had to tell the workers to stop smoking in our basement. That bugs me. I don't care if you smoke, but go outside! Well they said they would so hopefully...:)

I need to be better about telling people what is really on my mind. I have to remind myself that we are paying them a lot of money and they shouldn't smoke in our house. I just really hate confrontation, I always talk big..."If it were me I'd Say... Excuse me, I understand that you have to smoke, but will you go outside please?" But when it really happens..."Um hi, this basement looks so great! okay bye."

The last time I had to talk to the workers I cried, yes I cried. I asked them to move part of the ceiling framing around the duct work because it stuck out too far into the bedroom. They were probably thinking it was a pain to fix, but it was fine and that I was a crazy emotional lady.

But we are excited for the basement:)



5 comments:

Emilie said...

Lookin' good! LOVE the play house.

Holly said...

Yippy!!! I am so glad that it got taped and mudded. Not to much longer. We love ya!!!

Sarah Hastings said...

It is looking awesome! I don't blame you at all for not wanting the workers to smoke in your house, I can't believe that is something they would assume to be ok. I also don't blame you for not telling them yourself though, I really don't do confrontation well, way to make Greg take care of it!

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness, I can't beleive they didn't ask where they could smoke! Yuck. So don't blame you for being upset. I am the same way with confrontation though. I don't do well. The basement looks great though! So jealous!

~Jake, Brianna, Jocelyn, and Carter~ said...

I think the playhouse is so cute! I'm glad you found our blog so we can keep in touch. Jake was excited to see it. Your baby is beautiful!!