Tuesday, July 14, 2009

TWO WEEKS O' FUN

Late on June 29 McKinley and I decided to go to work with Greg, in Rapid City!!! It was such a blast! Greg made reservations at a hotel with a water resort inside!!! While Greg worked all day McKinley and I played in the water. Then when Greg got off work, we all went hiking and visited Reptile Gardens. We really love being outside and seeing new things. Our hike was up to Harney Peak. It used to be an observation deck for forest fires, but now it's empty and a beautiful look-out tower!



When we visited reptile gardens, McKinley loved the turtles. She had to kiss them all, and give them hugs. I thought it was yucky, but adorable!



We also went to the cutest park!!! It's called Story Book Island! The park is full of life size story themes!!! McKinley loved Snow White and the seven dwarfs, all except Grumpy! She cried and would not touch him.


When we got back on Thursday we did laundry and then left Friday morning to go camping at Panguich Lake. Camping is always fun, and McKinley did really well!!! She slept through the night, and loved eating all the rocks and dirt. She has really taken to walking too! Perfect timing for camping!!! She was able to stay somewhat clean instead of crawling through all the dirt! Yea McKinley!

When we got back from Camping, Greg got ready for his interview (He didn't get it, but we are still happy) and then we left to the happiest, most wonderful place on earth!!! Disney Land!!! I had never been before, so we left McKinley so we could do all the rides, and see everything. We also went to California Adventure and Sea World. All the parks were fun, but Disney Land wins by a land slide, but that's just my opinion. I love it there!!! The whole atmosphere is magical! I can't wait until we get to go again!





The trips were wonderful! It was great to see everyone! As always though, it's good to be home and sleeping in our own beds. Thanks everyone for helping with McKinley!~

2 comments:

Emilie said...

I might just have to come and visit your blog extra times just to see those Disney Land pictures!

I'm so glad you had a great time and happy to have spent some time with you guys.

See you in a few weeks!

Holly said...

How much fun is all of that??? I want to go have some fun, next time please call. :) Love ya!