There is so much to blog about...
- Yellowstone (That's an experience that will be etched in my memory FOR ETERNITY!)
- Greg's surprise party! (Happy Birthday Handsome!)
- And how I am loosing my mind, literally, about getting everything ready for the Women's Expo here in Casper.
Am I going to blog about any of those things? Nope. I am going to tell a little story that happened tonight, that I don't want to forget. You may even think I deserve a mother of the year award for this one...
The girls and I had a great night tonight! It's Friday and Greg is gone, so I wanted it to be a fun girls night. We went to Walmart and bought the new Tinkerbell Movie (Cute by the way!) and sat down to enjoy our show. We did, and we loved it so much we danced to the music video 4 times. McKinley didn't want to go to bed right away so 'one more time' ended up being 4 more times. That's okay with me, I like to dance even if I don't have a lot of coordination. It was fun! I'm glad I have little girls to dance with! I'd take turns flying McKinley around the room, and pick up Kasidy for her turn.
Now it was time to brush our teeth, go potty, and choose a story. This routine is usually quick, but McKinley got side tracked with turning the lights on and off. (She likes to say, "Turn dark on" she is a doll). So she repeatedly turned off the lights, jumped on the bed, turned the lights on, jumped on the bed, etc. Finally I decided that one more time was really one more time..."we needed to read books so she could be a happy girl when dad got home tomorrow" On her last walk across her bed to the light switch she turned off the light making it impossible for me to see anything, and I heard a *Thud* and a whispered *Ouch*.
I smiled, and just shook my head sitting in the dark waiting...yep, the tears started quick. I placed Kasidy on the bed, felt my way through the dark to the light switch and scooped up my silly two year old.
After some hugs and kisses she decided she was better, and that we should read stories now. Good idea.
And then I heard *Thud*
You guessed it, Kasidy had rolled over and fallen off McKinley's bed! I know I should have been more sympathetic to her first fall in her little life, but I just chuckled (cause I couldn't believe it) and kissed her little head.
In less than two minuets, both my girls fell off the bed!
Yep, I need to call the Doctor, but I already know what he'll say
"No more monkey's jumping/rolling on the bed!"
Sorry little girls, what started as a fun family Friday, turned into bumps and bruises. I love you! I still chuckle to myself! I can't believe that they both fell off the bed! What are the chances!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a night to remember! :) It reminds me of a video from Steph Parke's blog where she actually got her little girl falling off the bed on tape. My mom and I watched it over and over laughing uncontrollably. You know, the kind of "This is your mother" laugh. :)
oh my!! I was always the awful mom my boys fell all the time. But rarely did I snuggle them after.. just told them get up and shake it off.. hehehehe Love ya!
So cute!! What a wonderful night it sounded like until the thuds and tears! I am sure if you asked them what they remember from that night, it wouldn't be the bumps! What a blast to dance and dance with little ones! Very fun memory!
Post a Comment