Thursday, July 7, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA

We had a great 4th of July weekend!  It consisted of going to Cedar City for the Daly Reunion, swimming, playing games, and of course the traditional parade and fireworks!

This years parade consisted of perfect weather, just the right amount of candy, and PRINCESSES!  Yes McKinley loved seeing the princess float, and she even got a glass slipper!  The magic of childhood!  She also got a stuffed animal pig that she hasn't let out of her sight!  It has wings and is super ugly!  I don't know what she sees in it, but she loves it!  GGGRRREEEEAAAATTT!  o-well, it's all just part of that magic childhood stuff!:)

Later that night we woke the kids up and took them to see fire works!  McKinley LOVED it!  We told her she needed to go to bed but we'd come get her when it was time to go...When I went to wake her up she sat up and said..."OH HEWO MOM!"  Grabbed the flying pig I love, and we were on our way.  McKinley couldn't stop talking about all the fireworks.  They were in the sky EVERYWHERE!  I love this new law!  I feel like America's Birthday is better celebrated now:) 

Once at our awesome destination in Kaysville, (Thanks Danica and Jeremy) we settled down and enjoyed the show!  Our girls just layed there and watched while I couldn't stop laughing at Belle and Aliyah who were jumping around everywhere in the excitement of it all!  Too funny!  I love cousins!

It was a wonderful weekend!  Happy Birthday America!
McKinley finally got the blue taffy she'd been wanting!  She couldn't wait to show me!  Silly kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We love Cedar! Sounds like you had a wonderful Fourth!Love McKinley's blue taffy-too cute. YOur kids are growing up. McKinley looks like such a big girl. Kasidy is looking more like a toddler instead of a baby! That happened fast What a cute family! Miss you guys!

Holly said...

Sounds like your 4th of July was perfect. Glad you had a GREAT time. Love ya!