Monday, November 14, 2011

UPDATED CONSTRUCTION

Alright, according to Brandon, this construction business should be wrapped up THIS WEDNESDAY!!!

Here's what it's looking like so far!  Hooray!!!

The one on the left is the school, but often I call it the barn.  That barn, I mean school, is my favorite so far:)

The Middle is the house.  I really love the blue color, and what is now peach I had painted green, but when it was green it looked too much like Christmas with the red school next door.  I am not in love with the peach but it's going to be like that for a while until I don't have anything better to do:)  So...it's going to be peach for a long time;) 

Last is the store.  I put fabric on the front awning and it looked great, except for the sides.  Since it's a curve it bunched weird on the sides.  I took the fabric off, and am brainstorming a different technique.  If anyone has suggestions please pass them my way!  The brick is also going to go down by the food section box thingy.

All in all, it's getting done!  I painted the whole inside of the playhouse this Saturday.  The way I had to sit worked my abs!!!  Forget Pilate's, just paint a playhouse:)


Here is the entertainment center/secret passage!  Eek!  It's so fun!  The bead board is going to be painted light blue, and the rest will match our cream trim.  All along the bottom will be closed with cupboard doors along with the big square in the middle to hide the TV.  This Saturday we will be painting.  And then we are done! 


3 comments:

Emilie said...

Lookin' good :)You're SO close to being done!

Holly said...

That looks amazing!!!!!

Kade and Katie said...

HOW FUN!! i wanna come play! i love what you're doing. and the secret passage....so cool! love to see all your progress and fun projects.