Saturday, May 5, 2012

APRIL

Happy April!  This month, on the 2nd, we started out with an impromptu family night activity...to buy a swing set!  Greg and I had been thinking we wanted something for the girls for a while so we decided it was time.  LOVING this swing set is an understatement...we practically live outside.  It also came with an awesome airplane teater-totter!



During our spring break, I recruited McKinley in helping pick out new bedding.  We switched rooms!  McKinley inherited my only bedroom furniture, Kasidy is no longer in her crib and has taken over McKinleys bedroom set.  Both girls have adjusted really well.  Kasidy only went back into the 'baby's' room a few times looking for cloths, but has since become an expert at knowing where her new space is.  McKinley loves her walk-in closet, and chooses to have her quiet times in there reading books. 

When this change took place McKinley officially stopped taking naps everyday.  I was a little sad at first, but had to remind myself that she is almost 4yrs old!  I should be grateful she took daily naps this long!  She still takes a nap about once a week which is great!  (ps. These pictures of McKinley's bedding need to be updated.  I had another bedding set I wanted McKinley to see.  She didn't like it at first so I was going to take it back.  As I was putting it in the car she calmly told me.   "Mom, I think I like the birds better.  Can we switch it please?"  So I need to get new pictures of McKinley's room with the bedding that I actually liked better too!  I am so glad she changed her mind.  The owls are adorable, but the bird and flowers color are just more appealing to me!)




Kasidy's adjustment as far as naps go, threw me for a loop! She wanted to be done! Oh no you don't young lady!:) She figured out she could leave the bed so she wouldn't stay put.  We have fixed that problem and she is still taking her 3hr long nap! Hooray! Down side...she now wakes up at 6:45 or 7 because there are no bars keeping her in bed till 8. O-well, you win some, you loose some!




Easter celebrations come next on the list.  We had two Easter egg hunts.  One with the ward...





The other with Farmington Rec. For the two years we have participated, it has been awesome!  Not only is candy involved, but also prizes.  This year McKinley got a cool movie projector you shine on the wall, and Kasidy got a huge koala bear stuffed animal.  Kasidy is still afraid of it...McKinley had to hold it in the pictures.


 After the hunt we went to visit the Easter Bunny.  Kasidy was not impressed:)  McKinley has come a long way!  Good Job! 

Then we went to grandma Candaces for lunch!  Grandma Candace set out stuffed animals for all the grandkids to choose from.  Kasidy got to pick first!  She ran right to the animals, grabbed a cute stuffed dog and ran back.  Kasidy knows what she wants and gets it!  McKinley waited patiently for her turn and chose a darling pink rabbit.  McKinley wouldn't let it out of her sight for days!  Thank you for our cute Easter animals grandma!
 Easter morning!  Lego's, Easter dresses, candy, and a spring matching outfit!  Not to mention their swing set.  Happy Easter girls, we love you!!!




 After we changed cloths we went to Grandma Sue's.  We died Easter eggs, had a wonderful lunch and took home a goodie bag!  We have wonderful family!  We love you all!

During this busy month we found time to paint our nails.  MATCHING!  I can't wait to have another pair of girl feet in a future picture like this!  I love girl time with my little ladies!


On April 14th McKinley, Kasidy, and I went to Belle's (our cute cousin) birthday party!  It was panda themed.  It was darling!  (Cute cupcakes Danica).  Out of the goodie box we took home was a fan, and a panda toy that makes A LOT of noise (thanks Danica):)  McKinley loved it, and I loved that I could send her outside:)

The next day, the 15th marked our 1yr anniversary in our house in Utah!  Greg and I both can't believe we've been here for a year!  To celebrate we invited our neighbors over for cake and ice cream on the 16th!  We feel truly blessed to have ended up in such a wonderful neighborhood, and so close to family!  It has been a wonderful year with many more to follow!

Okay.  Take a deep breath I am almost done with the month!  On the 19th McKinley started SOCCER!  She did ok...she cried a lot, and ran off the field a couple times.  Greg and I are to blame.  We didn't take the time to really explain what it was that she was going to be doing.  Now she understands why the other girls try to steal the ball away from her:)  She has had two games since and LOVES it!!!

I also forgot to mention that Greg is the coach:)  On our first meet our team came up with a name, Soccer Princesses, and colored a banner!  GO SOCCER PRINCESSES!!!  WE LOVE YOU MCKINLEY!!!


 Kassie, Lola, Anna, Abby, Brooklyn, Elsie, McKinley 
 Go #10!


On the 21st we celebrated my birthday!  Yes...The pancakes tell it all.  I am now 29!  When did that happen?:)  Greg and I had a very productive day.  After opening presents in bed, and eating delicious pancakes, we cleaned our garage!  Happy birthday to me!!!  I love it when things are clean and organized.  After a busy day my sister Shaye came to babysit the girls.  Greg and I went to dinner at Olive Garden in SLC, and then to the Imax to watch Hunger Games.  It was a great day!  Thank you family for being so wonderful!

I love Kasidy's hair!
 Before:                                After:

KASIDY is 2!
 This is how she says 'two'
 Look at those two beautiful eyes!  We love you little one!

A little bit about girl number 2.  Kasidy is a mama's girl!  She is always looking for an excuse to be held.  She loves bikes, dolls, bubbles, and McKinley.  Kasidy loves to be busy and can't be occupied with cartoons or movies.  When she wakes up in the morning the first words out of her mouth are..."Eat, Owsi"  Owsi is outside.  That girl can play in the sun for hours.  She likes climbing up the ladder on our swing set to the slide over and over.  She also enjoys sitting on the tramp while other children bounce her to the 'oon' (moon:)

Thank you for coming into our family little girl.  You bring so much joy and happiness into our lives! 
Happy Birthday!
Here are some pictures of her party!  We were able to celebrate on her birthday (the 25th)!
Thank you everyone for your wonderful gifts and support! 
We love you all! 

Our little family celebration in the morning:
The party decorations, puzzles, and coloring contest. 
We had a puzzle for the guests to put together. 
My sister Lacey and nephew JT put it together.  They both love puzzles.
The first picture Kasidy chose as a winner was her own.  So funny!
The cake and presents!  Kasidy loved all the gifts!  Thank you everyone!
The guests:  Yes that is my Grams doing pull-ups!
 Thank you everyone for making Kasidy's day so special!!!

Last but not least, on the 27th we found out that another GIRL is coming to our family!!! We couldn't be more thrilled. 3 GIRLS!!! So much drama, but so much fun! Now to just come up with a name...I am trying not to stay with my 3 syllable ending in the long 'e' sound, but I want it to fit with my other girls' names. That is the hardest part about having kids...naming them. Well, here we go! We are so excited to have you in our family little one!

1 comment:

Holly said...

you all are so busy!!! Happy Birthday to you and to Kasidy. I can't believe she is 2.. I still have pictures for you of her baby shower. :/ Sorry, I am a little slow with life. hehehe Love and miss you.. Congratulations on baby girl #3