Monday, November 17, 2008

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

So...I need some help:) Let me explain. On Sunday Greg and I were talking about inviting two couples over for games on Saturday. We were just throwing around a few names, and not really being specific. After church Greg says... I invited the Kelly's and the Marshalls. I looked at him in shock, because I had already invited the Taylors and the Bertagnoles. And then Greg throws in some even better news that the Marshalls' inlaws are in town, and ... "Can they come too?" "Sure!"

Now, don't get me wrong, more the merrier, but as I looked in my closet for games, none of them allow for more than 6-8 players. I'm up to 12 adults. Can my living room fit 12 adults comfortably? We'll find out on Saturday. O-ya and I didn't mention that there will be 9 children between the ages of 8 years to 6 months running around the house.

Here's where I need your help...What are some easy games you play in big groups? And what do you do with 8 kids to keep them happy/busy while their parents play games? Please help me and let my know what you would do!!!

2 comments:

Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

This isn't going to help much, but we just let the kids run wild (literally). Sorry, I know that isn't the kind of help you were looking for, but if you go with this plan it helps to move anything breakable above the 4 foot level or put it behind a closed door. We also put a chair in front of the front door so no one escapes when we aren't paying attention! Seriously, it sounds like a really fun night - one that everyone will remember!

Emilie said...

Play 4 men on a couch. We LOVE to play that one with a big group.

I vote for Denise's plan. Especially since the kids are so young. That and have a movie playing somewhere.

Just don't expect it to be quiet. ;)

Sounds fun.