Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HAPPY EASTER

Greg's family has the best Easter egg hunt each year. His parents take out a small loan and put money in the eggs!!! (just teasing about the loan!) It totally beats candy!!! It's hard to be away from family during these fun times, but I feel so blessed to have great friends who make it easier to be away.
Obviously we weren't able to make it this year so Greg and I decided to have an Easter party of our own. It was super simple, just a few friends and their kids, but it was fun. Thanks for coming everyone!!! The kids had a blast finding the eggs. If you look close you can see McKinley is already digging in!

Dying/eating eggs

Daddy and McKinley with her dyed eggs!!!

THE EASTER BUNNY!!! McKinley didn't do well visiting this bunny. I don't blame her! It would be scary to touch a huge rabbit! Greg helped her by letting her touch the bunny, but then hurried and put her on the rabbits lap. I didn't include that picture because it makes me feel Like a bad mom for making my child cry in sheer terror. I have decided that if my kids are afraid, they don't have to sit on anyones lap. Santa wasn't bad she just fussed a little and reached for me. This time...She was really scared. I felt so bad! I am not doing that again. Poor girl! It will make for a great picture memory though. I just hope she doesn't hold it against me when she grows up:) I'll just remind her that it was dad that put her on his lap:)

It was a great Easter! It was also nice on Sunday too! I was able to teach the lesson in Young Women on the resurrection. I love being able to take a step back and remember what Easter is really about. It's not about bunnies or eggs, it is about our older brother Jesus Christ. I was grateful for that reminder. What a blessing it is to know of the truth this gospel brings!!! Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

You didn't miss out on a thing!We all went with our other families on Easter.

We are waiting to do the big hunt until you guys are in town! Of course. :)

Sounds like you had a great time.