Wednesday, April 1, 2009

UTAH YOU BETCHA!!!

I used to complain about going to Utah. I know that sounds rude, but hear me out. I am the kind of person that loves to go do things, and have adventures, road trip...count me in!!! Then there is that part of me that loves my own bed, not living in a suitcase, rather not listen to a screaming baby in the car, you get the idea? So I used to be torn because I love seeing family and friends, but it is so hard for me to leave my comfort zone.

This trip changed my attitude. There wasn't one thing in particular that changed my attitude, but I think I was blessed with a different perspective. How lucky am I that I get to have two amazing families!!! Yes it is a long drive, and I have to live out of a suitcase, but I get to be with the people I love the best. It is worth every fit McKinley has in the car on the way down (although she did awesome! Go Signing Time!) to see everyone.

Kevin and Em invited the family to their house for dinner, and we were able to visit with everyone. McKinley was able to see her cousins, and Greg and I were able to catch up with everything! We were sad that we couldn't see Grandpa Jim and Grandma Candace. They were in Washington D.C. so that they could be there when Landon proposed to Amy. Yea, welcome to the family Amy. I am so happy for them.

We had a great time with my side too. My mom is an amazing cook and she spoils us every time we go down with amazing dinners!!! She really could open a restaurant. As my Papa always says... "Susan, this is a feast!" We also went to the zoo. My mom doesn't like the zoo, but we dragged my little sister Shaye along for the fun time. McKinley loved it. I didn't think she'd really understand yet, but she had a really fun time.

So now when I pack my bags, I won't complain, because I get to see my families, and that is a blessing!

Here are some pics of our time in Utah...

This is before we put on Signing Time...

This is after...her frustration stopped as soon as Rachael popped onto the screen:) Thank you Hillary for letting us borrow the DVD player!!!

AT THE ZOO! SO FUN!



The newest member of the family, Sanders. What a beautiful baby boy!!! Okay Kevin, he's handsome too:)

My three wonderful sisters, left to right...Shaye, Lacey, Jayne. Then McKinley and Kaysen. Cute Cousins!


Uncle Greg is so cool! I think he's so cute:)

Tennyson, McKinley and Belle...Beckham wouldn't come over for a picture. He was too busy playing a game with Uncle Jeremy...Bible or Book of Mormon Trivia? I think I heard them talking about Moses, and King Benjamin:) Em, can you explain that game:)

4 comments:

Holly said...

How much fun, I am glad you had a wonderful time. I was wondering if you made it home okay.

Jaime said...

So fun Lyndi! I'm with you-I love going on trips, but I really hate packing, leaving my bed, and not having everything handy. It's so fun for Grant to see family though, so its worth it! Love Utah! We will have to go to the zoo soon. We are going to the Denver Children's Museum Easter weekend, so thanks for the idea! Lets get together soon!

Emilie said...

It was fun to have you guys here! It's always too short of a visit for me. I'm glad we got everyone together.

The game.It's like a matching game.

"Who built an ark." Then you find the the card with Noah on it.

The kids have learned a lot because of it.

Jim and Candace said...

Sorry we had to miss it. One thing about not being able to talk, I am catching up on my blog reads! Great posts.