Friday, March 5, 2010

WHERE IS THE CAMERA!!!

Yesterday was beautiful! The sun was shining, it was warm, and most importantly the wind was only a refreshing breeze!

Greg got home at 5 so we decided to go outside and enjoy the weather before it changed. McKinley was having a blast playing in the grass and our dirt flower beds while Greg talked about his day.

I left them alone for only a second to check on dinner and when I came back...Greg was eating rocks!

You heard me right, EATING ROCKS!

When I asked him what he was doing he looked a little sheepish, but explained to me that he thought it was salt.

Oh! My bad! Of course it's okay to eat rocks out of the flower bed if you think it's salt!

I was laughing so hard I still don't remember the better explanation, I'm sure he had, for eating rocks. Probably something to do with McKinley...

Anyway, we laughed about it for the rest of the evening. I am glad Greg has a wonderful sense of humor and can laugh at himself! One of his comments later was one of my favorites...

"McKinley, you can't eat rocks, those are daddy's rocks to eat!"

I am glad that Kinley didn't see him though:) Trying to explain that dad thought it was salt...that would confuse the poor kid:)

There's my little story for you about how lucky I am to have my wonderful family! I only wish I would have had our camera!

p.s. It is snowing today! I am glad we enjoyed the weather when we could!

2 comments:

Danica said...

There is a picture to prove that Greg eats rocks and dirt. Give me some time at my mom's house and I can find it. This isn't anything new. He's been doing this his whole life....odd I know.

Holly said...

You guys are so dang cute!!! Thanks for letting me play with Kinley yesterday. Love ya!