Thursday, April 29, 2010

INTRODUCING...

Kasidy Rose Daly
April 25, 2010
7lbs 11oz 20 in
12:59 p.m.


Here is her story...

I had been feeling contractions since month 6 so when I started having more regular, but still sporadic contractions on Saturday the 24Th I just ignored them. Greg and I and McKinley went on errands, did house work, and even managed to get blizzards (buy one get one for 25cents)!

After we put McKinley to bed we started a movie. I kept feeling hard contractions, but they weren't unbearable so again...I ignored them.

After our movie we went to bed. Well, Greg went to bed. I layed there breathing through hard contractions telling myself..."This isn't the real thing...they hurt, but not THAT BAD!" I even had Greg sleep in our downstairs guest bed, because he kept snoring. Maybe that was the reason I couldn't sleep:)

I also couldn't sleep because Mrs. Potty trained had to go potty 50 times that night! Finally, so I could sleep, I let McKinley crawl in bed with me. I never do that! Come to find out she's a bed hog:) So I went downstairs and woke Greg up to switch me places.

Try as I might, in my own big bed, no distractions, I still couldn't sleep. Finally at 4a.m. I decided that they must be real. They were becoming harder and closer together. I decided that I could deal with them cause they weren't that bad, and I was probably still at a 2 so what's the hurry getting to the hospital?

At 5 I came upstairs and crawled into McKinley's bed and called my mom. I didn't want to wake Greg cause if these were the real thing...At least one of us needed to have energy:)

My mom, being the wise mother that she is, immediately told me I shouldn't be talking to her, I should be waking up my husband and going to the hospital! I started to cry cause I didn't want to go to the hospital!:) I knew she was right and Greg was awake anyway (he heard me crying) so we called our friend Jaime Wright to come over and stay with McKinley.

I honestly felt silly going because I could handle the pain. It wasn't as bad as McKinley! Honest! McKinley seemed 10 times worse. We went anyway...

We got there and yep...I was right...I was STILL AT A 2!!!

Fine! Send me home! They didn't!?!?!? Nope, they told me to walk around the hospital for an hour and come back to check me. I almost laughed at them! If I hadn't gone from a 2 to a 4 at home, you think I'll get bigger in an hour from walking? Okay:)

So we walked and walked and walked and THE STAIRS!!! I was not going to be sent home after walking around the hospital for an hour! So I started running stairs! Greg thought I was crazy, and maybe I was, but it paid off!

We went back in, I was @ a 4 and we got to stay! Hooray for stairs!

By now it's 8 am and I am debating whether or not to get an epidural because the pain is still not too bad, but I decide...why see how much I can handle? Lets get the epidural and take a nap!

I get the epidural (at 10 am), and can still feel everything but my legs! WHAT!?!?!?! I wanted a nap! Finally it started to work a little, but a nap was out of the question!

The pain scale before the epidural was about a 6 or 7. After the epidural it turned into a 4 or 5. So it helped a little, but not really. Finally at 12:30 my pain turned into an 8!!! (SAY 8!:) What was going on!?!

The nurse came in and checked me and couldn't believe it! I was at a 10 and ready to push! I started to cry! I didn't want to push! I pushed for an hour and half with McKinley! I didn't want to do that again! I finally stopped crying and started to push. The nursery nurse asked if she could leave for a min, and Dr. Smothers said sure. WHAT? That means I'm not close to delivering this baby? I even said something to that effect and it made everyone laugh! I'm glad someone thinks the situation is funny!:)

After two more pushes, Dr. Smothers tells my nurse, Sumer, to run and get the nursery cause this baby is coming! Hooray!!! Then Dr. Smothers says..."Two more pushes, and you'll have a baby!"

I couldn't believe it! I hadn't been pushing for more than 15 min! This was way easier than McKinley!!! Alright here we go...Two more pushes and...She was here! Our beautiful baby girl!

It was so wonderful to hold her for the first time! She came so fast her head was still round!:) She wasn't crying which made me nervous, but she cries plenty now, I shouldn't have been worried:)

She is here and we are so blessed to have her in our lives! We love you little Kasidy!

-------

Labor: 9 hours (started becoming regular at 4 am)
Pushing: no longer than 20 min!

Second babies are easier:) Also, no tearing or epiziotomies! I am recovering so much faster!

------

McKinley visiting her new baby sister! Thanks Jaime for bringing her to the hospital!


All freshened up! Kasidy in her going home outfit!


At home with big sister McKinley and Kasidy in her new bed!

12 comments:

Skye O. said...

Congratulations! She is adorable & I always love a labor story...probably because I didn't have to do it, but the babies are such a great reward. So happy for you!

Sweet little family & you always look so amazing!

Danica said...

Oh I LOVE Her!!! I can't wait to see her for real. But until then, keep the cute pictures coming. PLEASE!

Janice said...

Thank you - I have been waiting. She is beautiful can't wait to see her in person. Love Grandma Janice

Amy said...

Cute little family of 4. Yay, for pictures! She's adorable! Can't wait to see her in person.

Unknown said...

Oh Lyndi she's perfect!! Congrats I'm so happy for you and your family :)

Ryan and Erika said...

Are you sure you went through labor? You look great and she is adorable! April 25th is a good day to have babies.;) We are happy for your little family. Call if there is anything I can do for you!

~Jake, Brianna, Jocelyn, and Carter~ said...

YAY! YAY! She is so cute! How fun to have a pack of girls already going strong. Congratulations!!

Holly said...

Congrats!! Kasidy is adorable. If you need anything please call.

Teresa said...

Congrats! She is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So glad she is here! :)

Emilie said...

Awwwww. Such a cutie! I'm so glad labor was easier this time around. I love labor stories.

Congratulations!

Anna Winn and Family said...

YAAA!!! Congrats to you guys! THanks for taking us through the birthding story too. I LOVE reading all the details :)