My beautiful, smart, clever, teasing, creative, silly, wonderful girl turned 3 May 26! I can't believe she has been in our family for 3 years. Then I think I can't believe it's only been 3 years because it feels like we have always had her in our little family, and we are so glad!
For her real birthday we just celebrated with mom and Kasidy. McKinley got her traditional pancakes in the shape of how old she is! She loved blowing out the candles. Kinners got to open her presents from Grandma Sue and Dad! I hope she had a good day! That night when she was going to bed she reminded me that I still needed to make her a Rapunzel cake and have people her cousins come! I assured her that in 2 days it would be a big party! I think she felt better about that!
May 28 we celebrated McKinley! When the guests arrived we had them draw their favorite Tangled picture with sidewalk chalk. After all the guests arrived the kids went on a hunt for Pascal. Each child had a strip of paper that matched a border around Pascal. I would have made Pascal that color, but I was having computer difficulties, so the border had to suffice. After some hard hunting (Too hard in my opinion...GREG!:) The kids all found their butterfly net with pascal glued to it! The next order of business was to pick up all the flowers, using their newly acquired net, that had fallen from Rapunzel's hair. It was boys against girls...Girls won!
After games we trekked inside for some presents! Thank you everyone for your thoughtful gifts!
Next was the cake! I wasn't sure where to place the candles so I let McKinley do it. She did a great job and Rapunzel didn't catch fire! McKinley loved getting her doll out of the cake! She had been asking for a Rapunzel Barbie since they came out in stores! She was very patient and it only made it sweeter when she finally got it!
Enjoying the weather, and company!
The weather was great, by the way, I was worried that we'd have to move our activities inside,
but it was perfect!
My wonderful husband! He helped so much with last minute details! Thank you Greg! We colored the Rapunzel sun at 10:30p.m. the night before! It turned out really cute!
McKinley's gift from dad, mom, and Kasidy...A new bike! She isn't thrilled about it now, but when she gets a good push she exclaims...I'm doing it! Good job McKinley! When I asked her who gave her the bike she says Rapunzel...Do the parents get any credit?:) Later that night I asked her if her day was magical..."NO! It was beautiful!" I'll take it! I Love you my darling girl!
Loves PJ's, chocolate, watching movies, anything princess, playing with friends, making up silly songs, doing things ALL BY HERSELF! being a helper, getting excited about her sister growing up.
McKinley loves to talk about new things and has a remarkable memory. She learns quickly and soaks up everything in her amazing little brain!
McKinley is a blessing in our lives and I feel so fortunate to be able to learn from her and enjoy her sweet spirit. Thank you for being a part of our lives! We love you beautiful girl!








1 comment:
It was a fun party. We are so happy we were able to celebrate with her.
Happy birthday, McKinely!
Post a Comment