Sunday, September 18, 2011

SHELVES

I needed book shelves for our books desperately!  From the before picture you can see that the books lived in those two purple bins.  I was stuck reading the same books over and over and over and over and...you get the idea.  I read the same books because those were the ones on top.

My sister-in-law build the cutest shelves for her son, and I wanted some too!  She gave me the blog tutorial and the rest is history! 

Last night we got the shelves hung and the girls LOVED IT!  I think they loved it more than me, which is saying a lot, because I LOVED IT TOO!  I love how the landing feels more like a room now instead of empty space!  I love that we won't be reading the same books over and over.  The girls were excited to see so many options!  McKinley kept saying, "Oh and this one too!"  It was a success!  I liked how they helped put the books on the shelves.  It made it a family project and got them excited too!

Thank you Sam for helping Greg hang them on the walls!  And Thanks Em for the idea! 

Problem solved! 

BEFORE:

AFTER:

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Those turned out great! Such a cute use of the space!