Sunday, September 18, 2011

WHEELER FARM

OH THE MEMORIES!!!  I LOVE WHEELER FARM! 

The girls and I were sick and tired of being inside, so we took a vote and headed out the door!  I just started driving south not sure what we were going to do...when it hit me...WHEELER FARM! 

I have so many memories of that wonderful place!  We went there a few times last year, in the winter, when we lived at our SLC apartment, but this was way better!  It wasn't freezing, in fact it was a little on the too warm side! 

Anyway, when we walked up the walkway the first thing we did was run to the chicken coop tree house!  That's when it was a little weird for me...I can vividly remember playing in that same tree house as a kid!  It was crazy to watch my little girl doing the same thing!  How the time just flies! 

We had a great time!  We saw all sorts of animals and had to talk about each one!  McKinely asked so many questions, and Kasidy was making the animal sounds!  What fun girls! 

The pigs were my favorite!  They had three little baby piglets in the pen and they were so cute!  We also got to milk a cow!  McKinley didn't want to, so I took Kasidy up there so I could do it!  I can't remember milking a cow so I wanted this in the books for me:)  I MILKED A COW!  It was just what I was expecting but a little tougher than I thought:)  Poor cows!  I know how they feel:)

McKinley loved the horses!  We got to see the workers call them in to eat.  McKinley loved watching them run toward us, but loved that we were 'safe behind the fence, huh mom'

Kasidy loved it all!  I couldn't tell what her favorite thing was, but that's ok.  I knew she was having a great time!

After that we went on a tractor/hay ride and saw the rest of the farm! 

It was a great day!  I am so glad we voted to get out of the house!  I love you girls!  Thanks for taking adventures with me.

When we got home dad was there with two huge cookies waiting for his girls. 

Put this one down in the books as a wonderful, amazing, so good, very great day!



No comments: