Wednesday, April 29, 2009

YOUNG WOMEN

I am in charge of the Beehives in our Young Women group. There are two girls that come regularly to church every Sunday! Only two! Then mutual night rolls around every Wednesday and we have 8 or 9 that just show up. It's like magic.

So of course I am meeting new girls every week, trying to keep track of who came with who, trying to nudge them to come to church, and of course trying to remember all the boy drama. Aren't boys supposed to have cooties or something?

ANYWAY...

This week there is a new girl, surprise, so I introduce myself trying to get to know her...

"Hi, I'm Sister Daly, what's your name?"

"I'm Sarah, I'm twelve, and I have a crush on Travis, he is so cute. He sits by me in math, we both don't like our teacher. Our teacher is going bald and has bad breath. When we have a question he comes and leans really close and we have to breath through our mouths so we don't smell his breath. I'm here with Natalie she invited me. I'm glad she did so that I could meet all these new people. Why are you here? Are you 18? Shouldn't you be with the older group. What's the name Laurels or something? Well I'm glad that you are here even though you are 18. Will you help me plant these flowers... what's so funny?"

All I can say is WOW. Not even kidding about all that information she gave me! I didn't complain though...with a compliment like that I'll take all the talking you can give me:) I did have my hair in braids so...I will be wearing my hair in braids EVERYDAY!!!:)
(I was feeling sad that I turned 26 this month. I am no longer 25, funny how that works:) I guess I needed a compliment like that:)

I am so grateful for my calling. It keeps me young to stay in touch with these fun little women!:)

4 comments:

Holly said...

you are the cutest. You so look like you are 18. Glad you had fun at Young womens. Love ya

Jaime said...

How cute is that! In primary, all the info I get is:
Me: "How are you?"
Kiddo: "Fine."
Me: "How was your weekend?"
Kiddo: "Good."
Me: "What did you do that made it good?"
Kiddo: "Nothin'."
Yeah. Wanna trade places?
Love your idea about play dates with baby food! I'm all for it! Give me a call! :)

Sarah Hastings said...

Soo funny, I love the YW, never know whay your going to get!

Kade and Katie said...

dang it, my hair is too short for braids...i'll have to think of another "young" look for me!! don't feel bad about 26, i turn 30 this year. just saying it makes me feel old!!