Monday, December 21, 2009

NURSERY

Yesterday, Sunday, was Kinley's first 'official' time in nursery! She wore her new Christmas dress (Thanks Grandma Candace), got her hair done, and we were off to church!

To me nursery is a big deal! It's like preschool at church! So I was a little disappointed at how it ended up being pretty anticlimactic:) I thought maybe a hug goodbye, a wave, something...NO! She was out of my arms and into the toys in .5sec! In reality I was glad that she handled it well, but a part of me aches that she's old enough to not need me 24/7! Is that crazy thinking or what?

The rest of her day went pretty well! I had to take a potty break, I always seem to be in the bathroom these days:), and I checked on her on my way back to primary. I looked through the window and she was crying! WHAT?!?!?!? Her first day and she had gotten whacked by a cute little boy. I didn't know if I should race in there or not. Believe me I wanted to, but the teacher mother in me said no. I ignored the teacher mother and raced in!:) She was fine, and it ended up being a perfect diaper change time! So Lucky Greg! I brought her to him, cause I had to head back to my primary class.

After closing exercises, in primary, which seemed to take FOREVER, I raced to the nursery room. She was sitting so nice at the table eating fish snacks and chewing on an unopened candy cane:) I scooped her up, gave her a big kiss, and she let me:) She was excited to see me! Yeah she still needs and wants her mommy!:) So all in all, her day was a success, and I survived too, having her in the nursery room! Man, am I going to be like this with all my kids? I really had to try hard not to go get her!:)

So here she is all grown up and looking adorable!

No comments: