What was I thinking? I've asked myself that a few times this weekend...Here's why...
When McKinley wakes up she yells from her bed..."Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" She does this until I drag my body out of bed and walk into her room, where she is sitting on her knees smiling and proudly announces..."Awake Time!" This puts a smile to my face and I say..."Yes, it's awake time!" I pick her up and we go eat breakfast. So fun!
Well, Saturday morning rolled around and I hear the chanting from the other room. I am soooo tired I just yell..."It's awake time, just get out of bed like a big girl!"
Silence...then I hear the sign on her door bang from the door being opened, and the pitter patter of little feet.
I roll over in bed and see the cutest little girl smiling up at me. She informs me that it is awake time. I agree and we go eat breakfast.
Here comes the part to...WHAT WAS I THINKING...Why did I tell her to get out of bed like a big girl? Why couldn't I have just let her think I had to come get her?!?!?
The rest of Saturday rolled around just fine with nap time and bed time, but Sunday (today)...She decides she can get out of bed all by herself @ 5 am!
I hear the door open, little feet, then..."Awake Time?"
What? NO WAY! Get back in your bed!
Nap time on Sunday..."Kinley Awake!"
NO NO NO!!!
And then bed time...
Greg and I put her in bed after a plethora of stories, tuck her in tight, 5 sec. later she walks into the living room and smiles!
WHAT WAS I THINKING?
January
11 years ago

2 comments:
She is so dang cute... And she is getting to be such a big girl. One day you will appreciate the early rising and also for her getting out of bed by herself. :) Love ya and if you need anything let me know..
I had those same thoughts when the Easter bunny brought my toddlers umbrellas. NOT a good idea!
Post a Comment