Wednesday, October 26, 2011

BUMPS AND BRUISES

Poor Kasidy!  On Monday the 24, Kasidy ran into a wall.  I know SO sad.  I went over to pick her up and I started to, in McKinley's words..."You overreacted mom." 

Here's why...In less than .2 seconds Kasidy had a bump on her forehead the size of Texas, okay not Texas, but give me Nevada, the thing was huge!  I have never seen that before in my life!  From a flat forehead to a huge bump?  What?

So needless to say (I don't do injuries well) We went to Kid Care and had her looked at.  I knew she would be fine, but I love a sense of 'just in case'.  The Dr said she was acting fine, but that I should keep an eye on her throughout the night.  Then the Dr told me all these horror stories of children acting fine, and then not waking up in the morning.  This Dr obviously doesn't know her audience well, because I started crying!  Are you kidding me!  You are telling a mom, who's kids hardly ever get hurt, that she could die?  WHO ARE YOU?

I don't think I made good points with the Dr because I said just that.  Then she hurried and told me that those situations are rare, but that she just tells them as a precaution.  'Thanks Doc!'

Anyway, so I am glad I went, just for piece of mind, and Kasidy is fine.  We were both tired the next day cause I woke her every couple hours to make sure she was STILL ALIVE (dang Dr) and she is.  She is her usual happy self and we are all grateful!

Sorry you got a bonk little one!
The pictures also don't do it justice, and it had been a few hours so the swelling had gone down, but it was a HUGE bump!

She is so cute!
I also want to say that McKinley LOVES her sister.  When I started to overreact, McKinley started crying.  I hugged Kinners letting her know Kasidy would be fine, but we needed to go to the Dr 'just in case'.  Then McKinley asked through tears, "Is she going to die?"  My heart broke, and I cried with McKinley. "No, sweetie, Kasidy isn't going to die." 

Note to self, I CANNOT overreact anymore!  I forget there are other little eyes watching! 

Then the next day after preschool, McKinley hops in the car, looks at Kasidy, clicks her tongue and says..."O baby it still looks bad.  How do you feel?"

I love my girls, and I am so happy they love and care about each other.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

Poor Kasidy! I'm glad she's ok :)

Danica said...

Oh how sad. Poor Kasidy and McKinley. I know what you mean about girls being concerned for each other. Belle thought Aliyah's arm had "broken" right off.

Holly said...

Your girls are so cute!!! Goose eggs are the worst. My boys have had many. I have some stories to tell you whenever you want to hear them. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...that's a big bruise! Glad she is feeling better!