Friday, February 12, 2010

RAPID CITY

This trip was...an experience:)

Greg booked a hotel with a water park inside! Just picture it, two huge slides, a fun play area for the kids, a lazy river, arcade center, swimming obstacle course etc. So Fun right? That's what we thought too!

McKinley and I would play at the water park all day while Greg was at work, and then when he got off we'd have dinner, go see some things, come home, go to bed...

The water park hours said (online, and in the hotel book)...OPEN FROM 9am to 9pm! We were so excited! We sent Greg on his merry way to work, and Kinley and I headed downstairs in our swimsuits! We got to the door and... WINTER HOURS 4pm to 8pm! WHAT!!!

No wonder we were getting weird looks from everyone! I just thought they were being awkward about seeing a huge prego lady in a swimsuit! No, they were just feeling sorry for us:)

So we took the stairs back up to our room, where Kinley played in the bathtub for an hour! Lucky girl:)

That's when we broke out the valentines to kill some time! We also wandered the halls and stopped at all the ice machines to 'eat a treat'! Who has the coolest mom ever! I know, I am a hotel party animal!

By the time 5 rolled around, I was done and so was McKinley! We were in tears when we saw Greg! Literally! Maybe it's just cause I'm pregnant, but being stuck in a hotel room is not exactly my idea of fun. (No, there were no walking distance places to go!)

It got better that night! We went to Olive Garden for dinner, and then went to the water park. Only problem with the water park...IT WAS FREEZING COLD! We wouldn't have enjoyed playing there all day anyway! Funny how that works:) It was still fun though.

Water Park #1 Kinley is Freezing! We had to put her in the hot tub to warm up her purple body!



So needless to say, we packed up the next morning to a different hotel with another water park! This time it was open all day! Can I get an Hallelujah!!!

Water Park #2 There was a pirate ship! Kinley is into Peter Pan right now, so this was a dream come true! She kept naming all the characters from the movie when she saw it!



The second day was a dream, plus it was across the street from the mall! Which reminds me, I forgot to pack Kinley some shoes so we had to go buy her some:) Don't judge:) We left late at night and she was wearing footed pj's!

We got to see the pet store at the mall, and play at the mall kid area! SO FUN!

It really was a good time, just a little stressful the first day!

The way home was so funny! I really shouldn't post this last picture(thanks Greg:), but she did such a good job! Kinley is potty trained, so we had to make a few stops...on the side of the road! Listen people, when your kid is newly potty trained, and there are no bathrooms ANYWHERE, you'd do the same thing! The first time she was so confused! She kept saying, "No grass, toyett!" We just told her it was okay cause there wasn't a toilet right here, and so she said, "Awight" and she'd go! I was really impressed! She wanted to be held, and I was a little nervous about that, but we stayed nice and clean! Good job kinley!



It was fun to break up our week, and see Greg at work, but I think a little better planning next time will help! Isn't it fun to make memories?

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Oh man. That was a memorable trip.

I have SO done the side of the road potty thing. Sometimes you just got to do what you've got to do.

Amy said...

haha..seriously, so glad you posted the picture. I only wish you were looking at the camera with a grin. It made me laugh. Way to go Greg!