Thursday, June 24, 2010

TO LIE OR NOT TO LIE, THAT IS THE QUESTION

After our newborn photo shoot, my photographer asked if I knew how to crochet. I was distracted and wasn't paying that close of attention and I said...Yes! People...I DON'T CROCHET! She goes on to say that she is 'so glad!' and she would be willing to trade pics for crocheted items! I know I should have told her the truth, but I kept my mouth shut, and instead thought...'I can learn how to crochet for free pics!'

This week she sent me some pics of what she wanted and that her favorite item was a stork pouch that she could use as a picture prop. She wanted that one first so I got started. I got started with panicking:) Don't worry, it didn't last long:) I went on youtube and watched some quick steps on crochet and I learned how! I even learned how to follow patterns! It is so fun! I love to crochet:)

So here is the finished product. I took it to her house today and she loves it! She just had a baby boy and can't wait to use it for his pictures!

Personally, I think it's a little silly and couldn't stop laughing when I put Kasidy inside, but for a picture prop it's pretty cute! I can see why a photographer would want something like that.

Moral of the story...It's not good to lie, but I'm glad I did, cause now I know how to crochet:)




P.S. A big thanks to Jaime!!! "THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND!" So funny!!!

2 comments:

Danica said...

Cute!!! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

It turned out great! I'm so glad she liked it! Free pics is worth the lying... ;)