Greg and I had the amazing opportunity to go to our nations capital (March 17 - 21, 2011)! It was amazing! We were there for a perfect amount of time. I obviously could have stayed longer, but we were really smart and took the girls:) No...it was actually just fine bringing the girls with us! They did great on the plane, they lived in their strollers while we were sightseeing with out too many tears, and they slept great at night! They slept well, I'm sure, because we were running all day long and they were exhausted.
I am going to let the pictures tell of our adventures, but before I do, there are a few things I want to highlight.
- A big thanks to Jim and Candace for making this trip possible (I feel like I am making an acceptance speech:) and thanks for watching the girls at night Candace while Greg and I ran around later.
- McKinley's favorite monument was the Washington Monument. It was her favorite only because she thought it was "Rapunzel's Tower!!!" When we tried to explain to her that it was Washington's Monument, she solved the problem by negotiating with us and saying..."OK, it's Rapunzel's Washington Monument." It's hard to argue with that!
-Greg and I both loved the WWII monument the best. Yes it is hard to choose, but this one was so powerful for us! We saw this our first night there, and we were the only ones. We stood facing the stars on the wall and could hear the water bouncing off the wall sounding like applause! It was amazing. We both cried, but don't tell Greg I told you!
-Kasidy was just happy when the opportunity arose that she was able to leave her stroller! She also liked taking naps, and holding her panda bear stuffed animal she got at the zoo!
-It was a great trip, the weather couldn't have been more perfect, we are so glad we got to go!!! We call next year too!
McKinley at the airport and in the plane...I love the pout picture. Not sure why she is so sad cause she did really well!
Kasidy on the plane. Love the picture of her looking between the seats! That's the view that the girls behind us got throughout the trip. They offered to take a picture and I am so glad they did! No wonder they kept laughing!
We landed!!! At the Airport McKinley found the green m&m and HAD to take a picture. "She's green and so am I" I love the connections they make in their little heads! (We traveled on St. Patricks Day so we all wore green!) The girls also liked the bus and train rides! They liked to hold the pole and press their faces against the glass. I think this trip was exciting for them too!
A busy day! Fords Theatre and other museums. It was so fun!
A day at the zoo! The girls loved the panda bear! Kasidy chose a panda stuffed animal and wouldn't put it down the rest of the trip! Greg also gave a pretty powerful speech at one of the museums! Too fun!
Getting a tour of the Capital! McKinley felt so grown up listening with the head phones! We were a little nervous at first with our tour...We only saw 4 rooms and it was over. Greg called his mom (Thanks for having connections) and we got another AMAZING tour to see the whole building! THANK YOU!!!
While we were there we saw the presidents helicopter. It kept flying by so we took lots of pictures! We LOVED our trip!
January
11 years ago








1 comment:
how fun!! we want to do a history fieldtrip there. I will have to have you hook us up.
Post a Comment