'I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own, than when you almost broke it eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice, when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating in
F.W.
'I must go, uncertain of my fate; but I shall return hither, or follow your party, as soon as possible. A word, a look will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never.'
----------------
I just finished reading Jane Austen's last novel PERSUASION!!! I Loved It!!! I had to put in the above letter written to Anne because it is so beautiful! It just makes me smile to read it! He loves her so much, and he is in so much agony it's...I can't put it into words. I just love it! I couldn't put it down. It is such a blessing to have great literature in the world that brings enjoyment!
I try not to read too much, now that I am a mom, because...when I pick up a book...everything else is put off:) I know I should use some self control and just read during nap time, or when Kinley goes to bed but...that's not how it works for me. I pick up a book and can't put it down till it's finished! Now that I am done, I can be a mom again:) Good thing it doesn't take me too long to read or I'd be in big trouble!
If you haven't read this one...READ IT!
January
11 years ago

3 comments:
I love reading also, and yes I am the same way as you. I may have to read that book, I am on hold for 40 more days for the next book to come out in the series I am reading. Love ya!!
Oh if only every man could profess his love like the men in Jane Austen's books. I have all her books. Also, I got mom to buy to complete Jane Austen BBC DVDs. You'll need to borrow them!
Hey Guys! I love the winter wardrobe Sam made for ya'll. And yes, Jane Austen is good for the soul. Oh bytheway, congrats on #2. We are so happy for you guys. and can't wait to see you this summer!
Post a Comment